2018 Furbearer Fury
If you have not yet participated in our previous Furbearer Fury contests, now's your time to shine! The contest this year will begin at 6:00 pm Friday, November 16, 2018 and check in is scheduled for 8 am sharp on Saturday the 17th. Get your team signed up for a chance to win some money and have some fun! The cost is $20 per team, with a max of two persons per team.
- Only furbearer species below open to hunting.
- Registration deadline is Friday, November 16 at 6 pm.
- Check in is Saturday, November 17 at 8 am sharp. Late teams will be disqualified.
- Cash prizes awarded to 1st place and runner up (paid by check).
- Point values assigned to each species; winners decided by point total at the end of the contest.
- Ties will be broken by total team weight of animals.
- Expert fur buyer on site to purchase fur from interested parties and to assist in judging.
- Statewide contest- PA Only
- Hunting only, no trapping.
- Coyote- 5 points
- Fox- 3 points
- Raccoon- 1 point
The Bounty (100% payout of registration fees!)
- 1st place- 70% of payout
- Runner up- 30% of payout
- Contest runs from Friday, November 16 through November 17, 2018.
- Contestants may not enter an animal killed by another person at any time.
- Hunt begins on 6 pm Friday November 16, 2018 (animals killed prior to start date are not eligible to be entered).
- Hunt is statewide within PA. Furbearers killed out-of-state are not eligible for entry.
- Acceptable species may be hunted by any legal means as outlined in the PA Hunting & Trapping Digest. No trapping/trapped animals, road kill, penned or farm raised animals whatsoever. License and/or permits required.
- Furbearers must be brought into Kinsey's Outdoors to be entered. Kinsey's Outdoors associates will perform the check-in. The associate has the full authority to deny entry of any animal for any valid reason.
- Teams will be disqualified if on-site fur buyer deems an animal was killed prior to the start of the contest. Interested teams may sell their harvest to the fur buyer.
- Contestants must show proof of hunting/furbearer license during check in.
- Any animal found in violation of a rule will not be entered. The participant will also be disqualified from the contest and no return of any fees will be awarded.
- Contestant is responsible for the removal of the furbearer carcass.
- Winners will be announced on Saturday, November 17, 2018 at end of check in.
*Kinsey's will be hosting more Furbearer Fury contests from now through the start of next year. The other dates are Friday, December 14th-Saturday, December 15th and Friday, January 11th-Saturday, January 12th, 2019. Keep an eye out for more information.*
Best of luck to all participants! Shoot straight, have fun, and be safe!