Posted by Kinsey's Outdoors on 03/23/18
Stocked Trout Fishing Lures | 5 Great Lures
With trout stocking currently taking place across Pennsylvania, now is the time to restock your tackle box. Sometimes stocked trout will hit anything you throw at them and other times you can’t get a bite. To make sure you can catch them no matter the conditions, you must have these five trout fishing lures and baits in your arsenal!
Leland Trout Magnet Crankbait – Specifically designed for trout fishing, this 2½-inch crankbait imitates a minnow perfectly and works well in both fast water and slow, deep pools.
- Trout Magnet Crankbait specially designed for trout fishing
- Long slender design with trout-specific colors
- Unique stop and go action
- Evenly weighted for proper feeding depth
- Best fished with jerk bait type action
- Length: 2.5 in.
- Depth: 2-4 ft.
- Sound: Rattle
Berkley Gulp Floating Trout Worm – Soft-plastics are deadly trout lures that few anglers fish. When the bite is tough, these 2-inch floating worms fish well drifted through large holes. Natural colors like night crawler work the best for spring trout fishing.
- Shorter, fatter trout-attracting worm
- Unique shape is great for wacky rigs
- Expand your strike zone with 400x more scent dispersion than plastic baits
- Over 15 years of Gulp! evolution…the best keeps getting better
Worden Rooster Tail Spinner – The must have trout fishing lure has to be the Original Rooster Tail Spinner. Carry a variety of sizes and colors to match water conditions and fish activity effectively.
- 10 sizes
- 100 different colors
- Attractive spinning action
- Pulsating hackle tail
Berkley PowerBait Trout Bait – A staple on the stocked trout streams and lakes. Always have a few jars in the best colors such as yellow and chartreuse. Fish it with enough weight to drift it a few inches from the bottom.
- Moldable and easy to use
- Floating formula enhances dispersion of scent and flavor
Panther Martin Dressed Spinnerbait – Just like the Rooster Tail Spinner, the Panther Martin Spinnerbait is deadly on the trout streams. It offers a slightly different action than the Rooster Tail Spinner that can be the difference when trout are hesitant to bite.
- Unique Shaft through Blade Design creates Easiest and Fastest Spinning Action in the World
- Convex/Concave Blades Send out Sonic Vibrations that are Irresistible to Fish
- Heavy Weighted Bodies Cast like Bullets and Go Down Deeper
- Super Sharp Premium Quality Hooks Keep Fish Caught
Take full advantage of the trout stocking in Pennsylvania with these top 5 must have lures! If you haven't yet, check out our tips and tactics for Pennsylvania stocked trout fishing!